Thank you for your interest in KFC franchising with Yum! Restaurants International (Pty) Limit.
We are looking for a few exceptionally qualified individuals or organizations to join the KFC brand.
Below are the minimum requirements needed to enter the partner selection process. Please note that meeting these requirements is a prerequisite to progressing in the application process and does not automatically qualify you. Only the very best applicants will be placed into a pool and this pool will be constantly revised as better applicants arise.
If you meet or exceed these minimum criteria and wish to proceed with an application please confirm this in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a motivation as to why you think you will make a great KFC franchisee. Once this confirmation is received you will be sent a Franchisee Application Form which must to be returned along with a R5000.00 non-refundable application processing fee. No applications will be processed without confirmation of payment.
YRI reserves the right to approve or reject any application and to vary the criteria as it deems fit. No correspondence will be entered into with rejected applicants. All costs associated with the compilation and completion of the application are solely for the applicants account.
Obviously we are unable to guarantee the approval of any franchise applicant.
Minimum Requirements for a KFC Franchise
The following are the minimum criteria that will be applied by Yum Restaurants International (Pty) Ltd (YRI) when considering applications from individuals/organisations interested in becoming KFC Franchisees.
YRI reserves the right to approve or reject any application and to vary the criteria as it deems fit. No correspondence will be entered into with rejected applicants.
Minimum Criteria For Applicants
1. Applicants will need to show proof of having access to sufficient unencumbered funds as per YRI requirements. These funds can be in the form of cash, shares or immovable property (at 80% of the valuation less the outstanding debt) but cannot include movable property or pension/insurance funds. YRI is looking for franchisees that can fund 5 to 10 store builds within 5 years. A typical store will cost in the region of R5.5million. Having capital for only one store will not be sufficient to sustain the required store growth.
2. Applicants must be prepared to undertake all YRI training programmes as directed by YRI. Most of the training programmes are in-store and can take up to a period of 6 months full time. Applicants must be prepared to carry all applicable costs including possible overseas costs if no training facilities are available in SA. The applicant will need to be financially self-sustainable for the duration of training. The key foundational course is Developing Champions (DC) for which applicants must attain certification by YRI. DC Training is done in modules including both classroom and practical restaurant work and requires 100% pass rate.
3. Applicants must have a consistently excellent employment track record backed by a detailed CV.
4. Applicants must promote customer service experience and demonstrate a Customer Mania mindset. Furthermore applicants must drive YRI’s “How We Win Together” principles, namely Belief in All People, Going For Breakthrough, Building Know How, Taking the Hill Teamwork and Recognition. The key attributes of coaching and support, accountability, executional excellence and positive energy are essential.
5. Applicants must have a high business acumen (a professional tertiary education will be beneficial).
6. Applicants must show a history of leadership and demonstrate capability to manage multiple stores.
7. A proposed hands-on role in the new franchise business is essential (applications for roles as passive investors will be rejected). As a result previous experience in the Quick Service Restaurant or food industries is vital.
8. Applicants cannot have any interest in any competing food business. All proposed new franchisees must be prepared to dedicate 100% of their working time to the day-to-day operation of the business (other business interests will have to be explained and will be discouraged).
9. Applicants must be substantially Broad Based BEE compliant with significant direct BEE ownership.
10. Applicants must be prepared to wait for an available opportunity and be willing to relocate once they have been approved as potential KFC franchisees. Opportunities are not guaranteed and YRI cannot be held responsible for approved Franchisees that do not open a restaurant for whatsoever reason.
11. A non-refundable administration fee of R5 000,00 is payable upon submission of the application form. This fee will be used for general administration costs as well as for obtaining the necessary financial, personal, employment and criminal background checks. Should more detailed background checks be required the cost thereof will be borne by the applicant.
The submission of any information to Yum! Restaurants International (Pty) Limited places no continuing obligation on either Yum! Restaurants International (Pty) Limited or the applicant. YRI will not enter into discussion or correspondence regarding its decision to reject any applicant.
Yum Restaurants International (Pty) Limited does not approve or endorse any information supplied to it for review. The submission of any information to Yum! Restaurants International (Pty) Limited is understood to represent the applicant's best assessment of the proposed venture, and does not guarantee success of the application or proposed venture.
All cost associated with the completion of the application are solely for the applicants account.